SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For corn cakes, in a small bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. In a medium bowl, lightly whisk together eggs and milk. Add cornmeal mixture to egg mixture; mix well. Stir in corn.
2. Evenly coat a griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat until hot. Pour about 1/3 cup batter for each cake onto the griddle, spread to about 4 inches in diameter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to platter; cover and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. (Yields about 8 corn cakes)
3. Meanwhile, for candied bacon, line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange bacon strips about 1 1/2 inches apart. In a small bowl stir together brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Spoon mixtures evenly oven bacon. Bake 14 to 16 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp. Transfer to paper towel; cool. Halve slices.
4. To assemble, place one corn cake on each of four plates. Layer half of bacon pieces, the tomato slices, some mesclun, and remaining corn cakes. Drizzle with Buttermilk Dressing, and top with remaining bacon, mesclun, and cherry tomatoes.
1. In a screw top jar combine buttermilk, yogurt, dill weed, lemon juice and pepper; cover and shake to combine.