SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small bowl combine the water, yeast, and, sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir in yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon olive oil until combined.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 6 to 8 minutes to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic. Cover; let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. If desired, cover and store in refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours*.
3. Punch dough down; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each half into an 11x7-inch oval. Sprinkle cornmeal on a large baking sheet. Place pizza crusts on baking sheet; set aside.
4. In a very large bowl drizzle summer squash, red sweet pepper, asparagus, and mushrooms with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat.
5. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill vegetables on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning once and removing vegetables from the grill as they are done. Cut vegetables into 1- to 2-inch pieces. (If desired, remove skin from sweet pepper.)
6. Grill pizza crusts on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes or until bottoms are lightly charred. Transfer crusts to the baking sheet, charred side up. Spread 2 tablespoons hummus over each crust. Top evenly with grilled vegetables. Sprinkle vegetables evenly with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, the pepper, and provolone cheese. Return pizzas to grill rack. Cover and grill about 4 minutes more or until bottoms of crusts are crisp and lightly charred. Transfer pizzas to a cutting board; cut each into three pieces.