SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl the sugars, cornstarch, and orange peel. Add cherries and blackberries; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes or until syrup forms, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Double-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten one portion of dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate, easing the dough without stretching it. Trim pastry 1/2 inch beyond pie plate. Pour fruit mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
3. For lattice top, roll the remaining dough into a 12-inch circle. Cut pastry into strips 3/4- to 1 1/2-inch wide. Weave strips over fruit mixture in a lattice pattern. Press ends of strips into bottom pastry rim. Fold pastry over ends of strips; crimp edge as desired. Brush pastry with milk; sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
4. Place pie on a baking sheet; cover edges with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 25 to 35 minutes more or until filling is bubbly 2 inches from edge and pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream
1. In a large bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a ball.
1. In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.