SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine 1 1/2 cup cherries, 1 1/2 cup blueberries, and sugar. Set aside.
2. For shortcakes, in a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup cream. honey, 1/4 cup cherries, and 1/4 cup blueberries; add to flour mixture. Using a fork, gently stir until moistened and dough comes together.
3. On a floured surface, knead dough by gently folding and gently pressing it just until it just holds together. Pat dough out to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a floured 2 1/2-inch star cutter, cut out shortcakes; re-form scraps as necessary.
4. Place shortcakes 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile combine remaining whipping cream and vanilla; beat to soft peaks.
6. Serve shortcakes with cherry berry mixture. Top with whipped cream.