SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrot, onion, and garlic; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, the 3 tablespoons ketchup, the 1 tablespoon mustard, the Worcestershire sauce, and kosher salt. Add bread crumbs and vegetable mixture, stirring until evenly moistened.
2. Add ground beef; using your clean hands, mix well. Line a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with foil. Lightly pat the mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf in the prepared dish.
3. For glaze, in a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and the 2 teaspoons mustard; set aside. (For a change of pace, substitute one of the glaze options below for the ketchup-brown sugar glaze.)
4. Bake about 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, spooning glaze over meat loaf for the last 25 minutes of baking.
5. Let the meat loaf stand for 10 minutes. Using two spatulas, transfer loaf to a serving platter; cut into eight slices.