SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat and stir milk, mashed potato, the 1/3 cup butter, the granulated sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts; add to flour mixture along with the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
2. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total kneading time). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
3. Punch down dough. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan;** set aside. For filling, in a small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
4. Roll dough into an 18x12-inch rectangle. Spread the 1/4 cup butter over dough rectangle. Sprinkle filling over butter-spread dough rectangle, leaving 1 inch unfilled along one of the long sides. Roll up filled rectangle into a spiral, starting from the long side with the filling. Pinch dough to seal seams.
5. Cut dough spiral into 12 equal pieces. Arrange pieces, cut sides down, in the prepared baking pan. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place on the middle rack of your unheated oven; place a bowl of warm water on the lower rack. Let rise until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
6. Remove pan of rolls from oven; uncover and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and done in center. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a small metal spatula, loosen rolls from pan. Place a wire rack on top of pan; place one hand on top of rack and other hand under pan and carefully invert pan with rack (use pot holders to protect your hands). Lift pan off rolls. Drizzle or spread rolls with Icing. Serve warm.
1. In a small saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter turns a delicate light brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla. Add the browned butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium to high speed, adding additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.
1. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to reach drizzling consistency.
1. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.