SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Gently flatten dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin. Ease pastry into a 12-inch pizza pan. Flute edge. Bake for 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice from both ends of 1 grapefruit. Place a cut end on a cutting board and cut away the peel and the white part of the rind. Turn grapefruit on its side; thinly slice. Cut slices in halves. Place half-slices on paper towels; pat dry. Repeat with the remaining 2 grapefruits.
4. Spread marmalade over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Arrange grapefruit on crust; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the sugar.
5. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 22 minutes or until crust is browned. Remove tart from oven; turn on broiler. Sprinkle tart with the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is browned. Let cool on a wire rack