SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For apricot filling, drain juice from the 2 cans of apricot halves and place in a small saucepan. Set apricot halves aside. Bring drained syrup to boiling; remove from heat. Add dried apricots. Let stand 15 minutes to soften. Drain and discard liquid. In a food processor or blender combine the drained apricot halves and the drained dried apricots. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 2 honey and lime peel; set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter until combined. Add flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk batter until smooth.
3. Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Spread batter to a 7 1/2- to 8-inch circle. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, turning cake when surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Cook cake 1 minute more or until golden brown.
4. Place cake in an 8-inch springform pan. Top with 1/3 to 1 /2 cup of apricot filling. Repeat with remaining batter and filling, finishing with apricot filling on top. Yields 6 to 7 layers. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.
5. To serve, top with whipped cream, sprinkle with lime peel strips, and drizzle with honey. Top with additional apricots. Makes 8 servings