SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a food processor combine peanuts and 1 tablespoon of the powdered sugar. Cover and process with several on/off turns until mixture is coarsely ground and crumbly.
2. In large bowl beat shortening and remaining powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed for 30 to 60 seconds or until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat about 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
3. Decrease speed to low and add flour, salt, and ground peanuts; mix for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined, scraping down side of bowl with rubber spatula as necessary.
4. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press your thumb into the center of each ball. Fill centers with jelly. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.