SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl coarsely mash beans. Stir in rice and cheese. Stir in egg, 1 tablespoon of the snipped sage, and the pepper. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a shallow dish combine panko and 1/4 cup walnuts. Using moist hands, shape rice mixture into 18 balls. Gently roll rice balls in panko mixture to coat.
3. Arrange rice balls in the prepared baking pan. Coat balls with cooking spray. Bake about 15 minutes or until heated through and light brown.
4. Meanwhile, for sauce, coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray; heat saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pumpkin, broth, salt, and the remaining 1 tablespoon snipped sage. Cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly.
5. To serve, divide sauce among shallow serving bowls. Top each serving with three rice balls. If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts and garnish with sage leaves.