SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan that has a removable bottom. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
2. In a small saucepan cook chocolate and whipping cream over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate mixture into the crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in brown sugar until combined. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate layer in pan, spreading evenly.
4. Bake about 45 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack.
5. Spread the remaining chocolate mixture over top of cheesecake. Top with peanut butter cups. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.