SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For filling, in a medium bowl stir together ricotta cheese, granulated sugar, 4 teaspoons cocoa powder, vanilla, and orange peel until almost smooth. Fold in chocolate. Cover and chill until needed.
2. Meanwhile, if using, prepare Homemade Chocolate Cannoli Shells.
3. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large open star or round tip. Pipe filling into cannoli shells. If desired, cover and chill for up to 1 hour. Before serving, sprinkle cannoli with powdered sugar and, if desired, additional cocoa powder.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar cocoa powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. In a small bowl, stir together eggs, milk, and honey. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 16-inch square. Cut each square into sixteen 4-inch squares. Wrap each square lightly around one end of greased metal cannoli cylinders.
4. In a small bowl, lightly beat 1 egg white. Moisten overlapping dough with egg white; press gently to seal.
5. Fry cannoli shells, a few at a time, in deep, hot vegetable oil (350 degrees F) about 1 minute or until golden brown. Using tongs, carefully and gently lift shells from hot oil; drain any hot oil that is in metal cannoli cylinders back into pan. Drain on paper towels. Cool.