SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a blender or food processor combine onion, chipotle chile peppers, lime juice, garlic, and cumin. Cover and blend or process until smooth, adding as much of the cola as needed to make a smooth mixture. Stir in remaining cola.
2. Trim excess fat from meat. Season meat generously with salt and pepper. If necessary, cut meat to fit a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in slow cooker. Pour cola mixture over pork.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Remove meat from cooker; remove cooking liquid from slow cooker and reserve. When meat is cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred meat, discarding any fat. Return meat to cooker. Skim fat from cooking liquid; transfer 1 cup cooking liquid to a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Season to taste with salt.
5. Stir 1 tablespoon reduced cooking liquid into the mayonnaise. Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls. Add remaining reduced cooking liquid to shredded meat and stir to moisten. Use a slotted spoon to remove meat from slow cooker; serve on buns topped with Cebollas Encurtidas, if desired, and sliced avocado.
1. Preheat broiler. On a 15x10x1-inch baking pan, place red onion slices. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are charred and tender, turning once halfway through broiling time. When cool enough to handle, separate onions into rings, discarding any large dry blackened pieces.
2. In a medium bowl combine onion, grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, salt, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.