SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Generously butter eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. For filling, in a small saucepan combine 1 cup chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or until mixture reaches a fudgelike consistency.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small saucepan combine 3/4 cup chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in flour and slightly cooled chocolate-butter mixture. Spoon enough batter into each ramekin to measure 1 inch in depth.
4. Divide chilled filling into eight portions. Working quickly, use your hands to roll each portion into a ball. Place a ball of filling on top of the batter in each ramekin; do not allow the filling to touch the sides of the ramekins. Spoon the remaining batter into ramekins, spreading over balls of filling.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from sides of ramekins. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. If desired, serve with small scoops of ice cream.