SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the whole wheat flour. In a food processor combine the remaining whole wheat flour, the egg, vegetable oil spread, and baking powder. Cover and process just until combined. Add enough ice water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to make mixture that forms a loose dough and holds together when pinched. Remove dough from processor; knead dough a few times by hand and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing filling.For the filling::
2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or just until softened. Sprinkle the reserved 1 tablespoon flour over vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add chicken broth all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
3. In a small bowl stir together thyme, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside a small pinch of the thyme mixture. Add the remaining thyme mixture to the vegetable mixture. Stir in chicken, yogurt, peas, and parsley until combined.
4. Divide chicken mixture evenly between two 8-ounce ramekins or individual casserole dishes or two 10-ounce custard cups.*
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Remove dough from refrigerator. Divide dough in half. Roll out each half until circle is just slightly larger than the circumference of a ramekin. Place dough circles on top of the filling in the ramekins; tuck edges under, pressing down slightly along each edge to secure. Make a few small slits or a 1/2-inch opening in the crust to allow for steam to escape.
6. Brush the egg white over crusts; sprinkle with the reserved pinch of seasoning mixture. Place ramekins on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.