SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat 2 minutes more until mixture is smooth. Add egg; beat for 1 minute. Reduce mixer speed to low; blend in the oat mixture, mixing only until it disappears into the dough. Using a sturdy spatula, stir in chocolate and dried cranberries.
3. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
4. Position oven racks to divide oven into thirds; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
5. Working with one half of the dough at a time, shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheets, pressing down gently into rounds.
6. Bake 6 to 8 minutes until just firm around the edges, rotating the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back at the halfway point. Remove baking sheets from oven; let rest for 2 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack. They will firm as they cool. Repeat with remaining dough, always starting with a cool baking sheet.
7. Serve with strawberry ice cream, if desired.