SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Cut one of the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. Thinly slice the remaining jalapeno pepper; wrap and chill sliced pepper until ready to serve.
2. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. For rub, in a small bowl stir together brown sugar and pepper. Sprinkle rub evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Place meat in the cooker. Add halved jalapeno pepper, onion, and garlic. In a small bowl stir together the water, fish sauce, and lime juice. Pour over mixture in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and onion from cooker; discard cooking liquid. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds. Stir onion into shredded meat.
5. For each serving, spoon 2/3 cup of the shredded meat mixture onto a tortilla. Top with mesclun mix, cucumber, Pickled Carrots, cilantro, and sliced jalapeno pepper.
1. In a small nonreactive bowl stir together the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir in carrots. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Use a slotted spoon for serving.