SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry. Divide the two-thirds portion into six equal portions. Place a portion into each of six 1-cup wide-mouth canning jars. Press the dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of each jar. Set jars aside.
2. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add apples; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, and salt. Cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Fold in raspberries. Spoon 1/2 cup fruit mixture into each pastry-lined jar.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll the remaining one-third portion of pastry into a 13-inch circle. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut out six pastry circles. Using a small cutter, cut desired shape in the center of each circle.
4. Place a pastry circle on top of fruit mixture in each jar. Press the pastry around the inside of the jar rim. Lightly brush pastry and cutout with milk; place cutout on top of pastry, pressing gently. Sprinkle pastry with coarse sugar. (Alternately, cut desired shapes from pastry circle and arrange shapes on top of fruit mixture. Brush shapes with milk and sprinkle with sugar.)
5. Place jars in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
1. In a large bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Divide pastry into two portions: one-third of the dough and two-thirds of the dough.