SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line two 9x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Grease pans; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with electric mixer on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each. Beat in melted unsweetened chocolate and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and 1 1/2 cups milk, beating on low after each addition until thoroughly combined
4. Divide batter between prepared pans; spread evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Place one layer on serving plate. Add a layer of buttercream. Add cake layer, press 1/3 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls into sides of buttercream. Pour warm Ganache over top. Then sprinkle with 1/2 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls.Chocolate Buttercream :
6. In a medium mixing bowl beat 6 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, beating well. Slowly beat in 5 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to desired consistency.Chocolate Ganache:
7. In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add semisweet chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.