SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add 1/2 cup onion; cook about 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 2 teaspoons garam masala, 2 teaspoons cumin, and chili powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Carefully add tomato puree; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in yogurt, whipping cream, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in chicken. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. In a large bowl combine three-fourths of the paneer, the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon cumin, and turmeric. Stir in spinach.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Transfer half of the chicken mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the vermicelli; spread evenly with spinach mixture. Top with the remaining vermicelli and the remaining chicken mixture.
5. Bake, covered, for 65 to 70 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining paneer. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.