SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line fourteen 1-1/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the 1/2 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the 1/4 cup butter over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add egg, beating with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl, stir together flour, the 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and the baking powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Drop a rounded teaspoon of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
2. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers of brownies comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer brownies to a wire rack; cool.
3. For the lemon frosting, in a small bowl, beat the 2 tablespoons softened butter and the 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Beat until combined. Beat in enough of the remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a thick frosting. Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe frosting onto each brownie. (Or spoon into a small self-sealing plastic bag. Snip off corner. Pipe frosting onto each brownie.) Chill for 30 minutes.
4. For the chocolate glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the 1 tablespoon butter. Heat and stir over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in the corn syrup. Let cool for 10 minutes. Spoon glaze over tops of chilled brownies. If desired, top with strips of lemon zest.
5. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until glaze is set. Enjoy immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.