SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs until combined. Alternately add flour mixture and half-and-half to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
3. Peel (if desired), core, and thinly slice apples. Arrange apple slices on top of kuchen; press gently into batter. Top with raspberries; press gently into batter. In a small bowl stir together 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over kuchen.
4. Bake about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle kuchen with powdered sugar. Top each serving with Warm Cream Sauce.
1. In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream, sugar, butter, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in rum extract.