SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the 3 cups flour, the baking powder, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the 1 cup milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moistened.
2. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it just until dough holds together. Pat or lightly roll dough until 3/4 inch thick. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Dip cutter into flour between cuts and reroll scraps as necessary.
3. Place dough circles 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove biscuits from baking sheet. Cool slightly. (You will only need six biscuits for this recipe. Store any remaining biscuits to use later.*)
4. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a very large skillet melt the 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add sausage, onion, and sweet pepper to hot butter; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in Cajun seasoning; cook for 30 seconds more. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup flour over mixture; stir well. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. While stirring, gradually add milk and the 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Chop four of the hard-cooked eggs. Add the chopped eggs and shrimp to the sauce; heat through. Finely chop the remaining two eggs.
5. To serve, split biscuits and place on six serving plates. Spoon sauce over split biscuits; top with the finely chopped eggs. Sprinkle with snipped parsley. If desired, pass additional hot pepper sauce.