SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For Savory Fruit Filling, in a food processor combine figs and cranberries. Process until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer to a medium heavy nonreactive saucepan. Stir in honey and 3 tablespoons water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 mnute more. Cool completely; set aside.
2. For Cheese Cocktail Cookies, in a food processor combine butter, blue cheese, cheddar, egg, sugar, and baking powder. Cover and process until very well blended, about 1 1/2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add 1 cup of the flour. Cover and pulse until partially incorporated.
3. Turn mixture onto waxed paper. Fully knead in remaining 1/2 cup flour. If dough is very soft, knead in up to 3 tablespoons more flour; if still soft, let stand to firm up for 5 minutes.
4. Divide dough in half. Using greased hands, stretch and shape each half into an evenly thick 8-inch log. Roll each log in plastic wrap; twist ends to close. Freeze at least 45 minutes or until just firm enough to cut neatly.
5. Position a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheets with parchment; set aside.
6. Using a very sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place slices about 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with a few grains of coarse salt or seeds, gently pressing into dough.
7. Bake one baking sheet at a time for 11 to 15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to wire rack; let cool 2 minutes to firm up. Using a wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack. Cool completely.
8. To assemble, stir Savory Fruit Filling. If mixture seems dry or crumbly, add a few teaspoon of warm water until spreadable. Spread about 2 teaspoons on each of 30 cookies. Top with another cookie, pressing down until fruit is just spread out to edges. Serve immediately.