SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium heavy saucepan heat and stir the 12 ounces semisweet chocolate over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese until mixture is combined. In a small bowl stir together coffee crystals and the water; add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until smooth. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Using two spoons, drop the truffle mixture into 1-inch mounds on prepared baking sheet. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm. Roll mounds into smooth balls.
3. Meanwhile, in a heavy medium saucepan heat and stir the 1-1/3 cups milk chocolate pieces and the shortening over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
4. Using a fork, dip balls into chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into saucepan. Return truffles to baking sheet; chill about 30 minutes or until firm.
5. In a small heavy saucepan heat and stir the 2 ounces dark chocolate and/or white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. (To use both dark chocolate and white baking chocolate, melt each one in a separate heavy small saucepan.) Drizzle melted chocolate over tops of truffles. Chill for a few minutes or until set.