SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry even with the plates edge. Crimp edge as desired. Generously prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook and stir unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from heat; cool.
3. In a medium mixing bowl beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed about 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Gradually add egg, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on high speed after each addition and scraping sides of bowl constantly. Spoon chocolate mixture into pastry shell, spreading evenly. Cover and chill for 5 to 24 hours.
4. Spread White Chocolate Topping over top of pie; freeze for 15 minutes. Spread Semisweet Chocolate Topping over white chocolate topping; freeze for 20 minutes. If desired, drizzle each serving with fudge ice cream topping.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time (1/4 to 1/3 cup total), until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
1. Melt chopped white baking bar with 1/4 cup whipping cream; cool. Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream in small mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add baking bar mixture. Continue beating on low speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
1. Melt chopped semisweet chocolate with 1/4 cup whipping cream; cool. Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream in a small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add chocolate mixture. Continue beating on low speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).