SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small saucepan cook and stir butter and 1 ounce chocolate over low heat until melted. Cool to room temperature.
2. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together crushed cookies, ground almonds, and granulated sugar. Stir in butter mixture until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, place 4 ounces chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 40 to 60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring twice; set aside.
4. In another small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon amaretto and espresso powder until powder is dissolved.
5. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the powdered sugar. Beat in mascarpone cheese just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in melted chocolate, amaretto mixture, and vanilla just until combined (do not overmix).
6. In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons amaretto. Beat just until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold about one-fourth of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into pie crust, spreading evenly. Pipe or spread remaining whipped cream over chocolate mixture. Chill pie for 2 to 12 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa powder.