SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F degrees. Grease and lightly flour three 8x2-inch round cake pans. Set aside. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and cloves; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar; beat until well mixed. Beat in eggs until fluffy. Beat in molasses on low speed.
3. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after every addition just until combined. Divide the batter evenly into prepared pans, spreading evenly.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on rack.
5. To assemble the three layer cake, place one layer on a serving plate. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the blueberry jam over this layer, allowing it to flow down the side. Repeat with remaining layers and remaining jam. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
1. In a large saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in 2 cups of the blueberries, the orange juice, molasses, and brandy. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining blueberries Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Cool slightly.
2. To store, cover and chill for up to 2 weeks.