SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
2. Scoop squash pulp from shells and place in a bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Measure 1-1/2 cups of the mashed squash; set aside. (Discard the remaining pulp or save for another use.)
3. For crust, in a medium bowl toss together crushed gingersnaps and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
4. In a large bowl combine eggs, condensed milk, sugar, and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Stir in mashed squash. In a small bowl stir together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Stir flour mixture into squash mixture just until combined.
5. Place crust-lined pie plate in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Carefully pour squash mixture into crust. Bake about 45 minutes or just until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream. Cover and chill pie within 2 hours.