SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large saucepan combine the water and broth. Bring to boiling. Stir in uncooked wild rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Stir in uncooked white rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes more or until tender. Drain off any excess liquid. Cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine dried cherries and port. Let stand, covered, for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add celery, leeks, and carrot; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
4. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. In a large bowl combine cooked rice, cherry mixture, vegetable mixture, and almonds. Transfer to the prepared casserole.
5. Bake, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through, stirring once or twice.