SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Coat six indentations of a doughnut pan or nine 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. In a small bowl combine egg and yogurt. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined (do not overmix). Gently fold in apple.
3. Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe batter into the prepared doughnut pan indentations or muffin cups. Lightly coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Place plastic wrap, coated side down, over doughnut batter. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap. Bake about 15 minutes or until doughnuts are light golden brown and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert pan to remove doughnuts.
5. In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. As soon as doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip into cinnamon-sugar to coat. Serve warm.