SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Rich Tart Pastry. On a lightly floured surface roll pastry to a 13x10-inch rectangle. Transfer to an 11x8x1-inch tart pan with removable bottom. and press up the sides of the pan. Trim edges even with edge of pan. Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Cook and stir until combined and bubbly. Add squash and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Use tongs to remove squash from saucepan, arranging slices in 2 rows lengthwise over pastry. Spoon over any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coarse sugar.
3. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes more or until pastry is golden and squash is tender. Cool slightly.
4. For nutmeg whipped cream, in a chilled medium mixing bowl combine whipping cream, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed or a large whisk until soft peaks form.
5. Remove sides of pan; sprinkle with orange peel. Serve warm with whipped cream.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until pieces are pea size. In a small bowl stir together egg yolks and ice water. Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture. Using your fingers, gently knead the pastry just until a ball forms. Cover pastry with plastic wrap and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until pastry is easy to handle.