SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Rub squash halves with oil then sprinkle cut side with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place squash, cut side down on prepared baking sheet. Roast until easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, 33 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a platter, cut side up.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine the port wine, vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring mixture to boiling over medium-high heat and cook, uncovered, 4 minutes. Add the apricots and cherries. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Remove fruit from saucepan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Return saucepan to the stove over medium-high heat. Bring port mixture to boiling; cook until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and reduced to about 1/2 cup; about 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the fruit mixture and nuts. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
4. Spoon fruit mixture into squash. Place any remaning mixture in a serving bowl.
5. To serve, place shaved cheese on baguette slices. Spoon on squash and fruit mixture. Makes 6 servings.