SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Allow cream cheese and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed gingersnaps, crushed graham crackers, granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon flour. Stir in melted butter until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, molasses, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly.
3. Place springform pan in a shallow pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
4. If desired, garnish cheesecake with Gingerbread Cutouts. Serve with Tangerine Whipped Cream.
1. In a chilled small mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and tangerine peel with the chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in molasses, egg, and vinegar until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill dough about 3 hours or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface roll half of the dough at a time until 1/8 inch thick. Using 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes. Place 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. If desired, decorate cookies with Powdered Sugar Icing and candies.Powdered Sugar Icing::
4. In a small bowl stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk or orange juice, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in enough additional milk or orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.