SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a food processor combine cookies and 1/2 cup almonds. Cover and process with on/off pulses until finely chopped. Add melted butter, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and process just until combined.
2. Press almond mixture onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan that has a removable bottom. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat until light and creamy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and almond extract.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup almonds and 3/4 cup coconut.
5. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Bake about 75 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 hours.
6. For ganache, in a small saucepan combine chocolate, whipping cream, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool about 20 minutes or until ganache begins to thicken but can still be poured. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Spread ganache over top of cheesecake.
7. Chill for 4 hours. Garnish with 1/4 cup almonds and 1/4 cup coconut.