SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Brush a 3-quart metal bowl with oil. Line bowl with plastic wrap, extending the wrap over edges of bowl; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine 3/4 cup rum, raisins, and dried cranberries. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
3. In a large bowl stir ice cream with a wooden spoon just until softened. Stir in raisin mixture, chocolate, cinnamon, and cloves. In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons rum, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon sugar, and melted butter. Cut pound cake into 1/2-inch slices. Brush cake slices with rum mixture.
4. Pour half of the ice cream mixture into the prepared 3-quart bowl, spreading evenly. Layer half of the cake slices on top of ice cream layer, trimming cake as necessary to fit. Top with the remaining ice cream mixture and the remaining cakes slices; gently press cake into ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 4 to 24 hours or until firm.
5. Adjust baking rack to the lowest position in oven. Preheat broiler. Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with foil; set aside. For meringue, in a medium mixing bowl combine dried egg whites and 1/3 cup warm water. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
6. Remove plastic wrap from cake. Carefully invert cake and ice cream onto the prepared pan; remove plastic wrap. Quickly spread meringue over cake and ice cream. Using the back of a spoon, add high peaks to the meringue. Broil on the lowest rack for 2 to 4 minutes or just until meringue peaks are golden. Serve immediately.