SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Allow butter and egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line twenty-eight 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, liqueur, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
3. Transfer 2 1/2 cups of the batter (about half) to a medium bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Fill each prepared muffin cup about two-thirds full, spooning chocolate batter into one side of cup and white batter into other side of cup.
4. Bake about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; cool completely on racks.
5. If desired, remove paper bake cups from cupcakes. Spread tops of cupcakes with Irish Cream Ganache. Add small spoonfuls of Irish Cream Icing. Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, swirl slightly to marble. Let stand until set.
1. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, liqueur, and vanilla.
1. In a small saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in liqueur until smooth. Cool about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.