SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet cook the green pepper, onion, celery, and garlic in 1 tablespoon hot butter over medium heat about 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add rice; stir to combine. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add the kale; cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted and tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and Cajun seasoning; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Reduce heat to low. Add Monterey Jack cheese; stir until cheese melts.
4. Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread half of the rice mixture over bottom of dish. Layer with half of the kale mixture, half of the shrimp, half of the crabmeat, and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with green onions.