SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Double-Crust Pie. Divide dough into two portions. On a lightly floured surface use your hands to slightly flatten one pastry portion. Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle 13 1/2 to 14 inches in diameter. Cut five 5-inch circles. Reroll scraps to cut a sixth circle. Repeat with remaining dough half for a total of twelve 5-inch circles.
2. For filling, in a medium skillet cook sweet pepper and onion in hot oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pork and the 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture onto half of each pastry circle. Top with a rounded tablespoon shredded cheese. Lightly moisten edge of pastry with milk. Fold other half of pastry over filling. Seal edges by crimping with a fork. Cut slits into pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush pasties with a little additional milk. Place on an ungreased extra-large baking sheet (or on 2 medium baking sheets).
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire racks. Serve warm with additional barbecue sauce and/or sweet-hot mustard for dipping.
1. In a large bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea-size.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Divide pastry in half; form halves into balls.
3. On lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten one pastry ball. Roll it from center to edge into a 12-inch circle.
4. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Transfer desired filling to pastry-lined pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim of pie plate.
5. Roll remaining ball into a 12-inch circle. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in pastry. Place pastry circle on filling; trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Bake as directed in recipes.