SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For stuffing, in a medium skillet melt the 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add apple, onion, and sage; cook until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the 2 tablespoons cheese; set aside.
2. Trim fat from chops. Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontally from the fat side almost to the bone or the opposite side. Divide stuffing among pockets in chops. If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, the walnuts, parsley, and lemon peel. Place chops on a rack in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Top chops with bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chops registers 160 degrees F and juices run clear.
5. For sauce, in a medium saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, the dash pepper, the chicken broth, whipping cream, and apple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in the 1/2 cup cheese until melted and smooth. Serve chops with sauce.