SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Let the butter and the eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using additional butter and a little flour, grease and flour a 9x2-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter and flour paper. In a large bowl whisk together the 1 cup all-purpose flour, the barley flour, baking soda, ground ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low speed, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add fresh ginger, lemon peel, and vanilla, beating until combined. Add half of the flour mixture; beat just until combined. Add yogurt; beat until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture; beat just until combined.
3. Spread batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth top with a knife. Sprinkle blackberries over the top and lightly press into the batter so they're slightly sunken.
4. Bake about 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack about 2 hours or until completely cool. Run a knife around the edge; carefully remove cake from pan. Remove parchment paper and discard. Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar. Serve with Cashew Cream.
1. In a medium bowl, cover cashews with water and soak for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain cashews, discarding soaking water. In a food processor or blender, combine cashews, the 2/3 cup water, the honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Process 1 minute at high speed or until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary. Taste and add more honey if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.