SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut tops off beets and trim root ends. Halve or quarter beets. Place beets and garlic in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Cover with foil.
2. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. To remove skins, wrap beets, one at a time, in a paper towel and gently rub to remove skins. (If skins are very tender, you do not need to remove them). Mash garlic and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine quinoa, the water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
4. For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, 1 tablespoon chives, and the mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a medium bowl combine quinoa, vinaigrette, cheese, walnuts, and shallot. Toss to combine.
6. Divide quinoa mixture among serving plates. Top with roasted beets. Sprinkle with additional snipped chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.