SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Trim fat from meat. In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Place meat in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
2. In a food processor or blender combine celery, onion, the water, chile peppers, garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, oregano, and black pepper. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth. Pour over meat in cooker. Add bay leaves.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Remove meat from cooker; discard bay leaves and cooking liquid. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Return shredded meat to cooker; stir in green salsa. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
4. Serve with Jalapeno Sauce, corn tortillas, and, if desired, cabbage, cheese, and/or lime wedges.
1. In a medium bowl stir together mayonnaise, cilantro, chile pepper, vinegar, the water, garlic, salt, and black pepper.