SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle fish with salt; set aside. In a medium bowl combine cabbage, green onions, cilantro, vinegar, the 2 tablespoons oil, the sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss well to combine; cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. For beer batter, in a large bowl combine 3/4 cup of the flour, the cornstarch, paprika, and baking powder. Add beer and egg; stir until combined (batter will be slightly lumpy).
3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In a large skillet heat about 1 inch oil to 375 degrees F.
4. Place the remaining 3/4 cup flour in a shallow dish; dip fish pieces, one at a time, into flour, turning to coat and shaking off excess. Dip into beer batter. Fry fish, four pieces at a time, in hot oil for 2 to 4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown, turning once halfway through frying time. Drain on paper towels. Keep fried fish warm in the 200 degrees F oven while frying remaining fish.
5. To serve, place one or two fish pieces on each warm tortilla. Top with cabbage mixture, avocado slices, and Salsa Pina. Serve with crema and lime wedges.
1. In a small bowl combine pineapple preserves, lime juice, cilantro, chile pepper, and salt. Whisk together until well mixed.