SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups of the chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup of the cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Cool about 30 minutes. In a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups of the cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the caramel topping, the sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the remaining chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
4. Carefully spread half of the whipped chocolate mixture over crumb mixture in pan. Top with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture; carefully spread the remaining whipped chocolate mixture over crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours.
5. Remove side of springform pan. Let torte stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Cut torte into wedges. Top with the remaining whipped cream, the remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping, and the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.