SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, let thawed dough stand, covered, while preparing filling.
2. For filling, in a large bowl combine paprika, coriander, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Add pork strips; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork strips; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned and slightly pink in the centers, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork from skillet. Add onion to drippings in skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic. Add pork and tomatoes to skillet; stir to combine. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Divide bread dough into 12 equal portions. On the lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 5-inch circle. Divide filling evenly among dough rounds, spooning filling onto center of dough rounds. Brush edge of each dough round lightly with water; fold dough round in half, pinching edge to seal. If desired, press edge with tines of a fork. Place filled empanadas on the prepared baking sheet. Prick tops with tines of a fork.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until empanadas are golden brown and heated through. Serve warm with Jicama Pico de Gallo.
1. In a small bowl combine jicama, tomatoes, currants, green onion, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and salt.