SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine sour cream and egg white. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chunks. Add sour cream-chocolate mixture all at once to flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead by folding and gently pressing dough for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat or lightly roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Cut into 12 wedges.
4. Place wedges 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown.
5. Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chunks in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 1 minute. Stir; microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 30 to 60 seconds more or until melted and smooth, stirring once. Cool slightly.
6. Drizzle melted chocolate over warm scones. Serve scones warm.