SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Sprinkle meat on all sides with chili powder, salt, and pepper; rub in with your fingers. Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker. Tuck onion wedges around meat. In a bowl combine root beer, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce. Pour mixture over meat.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until meat easily shreds with a fork. Turn off slow cooker.
3. Transfer meat to large cutting board or work surface; cool slightly.
4. Transfer cooking liquid to medium saucepan. Skim off and discard fat. Bring cooking liquid to simmering over medium heat. Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced and slightly thickened.
5. Use two forks to pull meat apart into coarse shreds, discarding fat; return meat to slow cooker. Pour reduced cooking liquid over meat, stirring to coat.
6. Serve meat in warm tortillas. If desired, add accompaniments.