SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small bowl combine oregano, dried rosemary, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Sprinkle herb mixture over lamb shank pieces; rub in with your fingers.
2. In an extra-large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb shank pieces; brown on all sides, working in batches if necessary. Transfer lamb shank pieces to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle lamb evenly with garlic. Pour broth and wine over mixture in slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
5. For sauce, pour cooking liquid into a glass measuring cup; skim off fat. Measure 2 cups of the cooking liquid; pour into a small saucepan. In a small bowl stir together the cold water and cornstarch. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in Kalamata olives, Spanish olives, black olives, and lemon juice.
6. Serve meat with sauce and, if desired, mashed potatoes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and fresh rosemary.