SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker combine onion, carrot, and garlic.
2. In a very large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops, half at a time, to skillet; cook each chop until brown on both sides. Place chops in slow cooker. Add broth, sherry, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and cloves.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Transfer chops to a serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
4. For sauce, discard bay leaves from mixture in slow cooker. Transfer vegetable mixture and cooking liquid to a 4-cup glass measure; skim off fat. Using an immersion blender, process vegetables and cooking liquid until smooth. (Or cool mixture slightly; place mixture in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.)
5. To serve, spoon sauce over chops.* If desired, serve with Spanish Chard.